There are lots of charming places to visit in a place like Brussels, Belgium, and you've surely not heard of all of them!
Take Brussels: Everyone knows the Grand Place, the Stock Exhange, the Atomium and Manneken Pis, but many visitors forget the Sablon, the Egmont Park with the Passage Marguerite Yourcenar, Rue Haute and much more ...
Learn to see Brussels with new eyes and discover these charming spots: book and typical thematic hotel like this one (in chocolate style!): hotel brussels city centre.
An example trip through Brussels from the doorstep of your hotel
If you depart from your hotel at Place Brouckere, here follows an example of a day trip through Brussels - on foot:
- Stroll down the Boulevard Anspach in the direction of Gare du Midi and stop at Brüsel, the beautiful art-deco comic-book store. Buy a copy of Tintin or something :)
- A little further you will visit the Stock Exchange, and from there you drop down to the Grand Place
- From the Grand Place, go towards the Sablon. Visit some cute antique shops in the Rue Haute
- Have a drink on a terrace on the Place du Grand Sablon, then visit the Petit Sablon
- Head through the little known Passage Marguerite Yourcenar to the Egmont Park, where you can sit a while on a bench or in the grass
- From there, go to the Porte de Namur and have dinner at Place st Boniface.